Hello Fellow Styrene Junkies,
Here is the progress I have made on my group build of the Trumpeter Russian KV-1 Ehkranami 1/35 kit.
Started with giving the kit parts a good soapy bath to clean off any left over mold release residue.
Then I drilled the holes required in the following A27, B1, B2, C1, C14 and the Turret.
I also filled in the the ejector pin marks in parts C1, C14 using 3M Acryl-Blue putty.
Once the putty was dry I sanded it all smooth.
Next I glued parts B1 and B2 to the Hull and attached part A12 to the Hull using Tenax.
I then filled in the gap on the bottm where the side met the rear plate with putty, once dry I sanded it smooth and then applied a coat of Mr. Surfacer 1000 and sanded it again to seal the putty which can be porus.
I then added the top parts and bits as well as the suspension pieces.
I had to fix the following parts because the ejector pin marks left a noticable mark in the parts A9, A10 and A22.
To do this I cut off one of the marker tabs on the tree that read Trumpeter on it and using my Waldon punch set punched out 6 discs and then glued them over the marks.
Once the glue was dried I sanded them down flush filling any seams with some Ca and finished sanding them then I drilled out the hole.
Next I coated the tail light with some Future and then painted the lens with Gunze Clear Red.
Then I finshed putting the rear together inserting the lens in place.
Next I put part M2 onto the bottom of the Turret and filled in the gaps with putty and Mr. Surfacer and sanded smooth.
Then I finished building the Turret up.
Then I started on the Drive Sproket, and Road Wheels and Idlers.
Then I built up the Fenders, with the boxes and pioneer tools as well as the tow cable and cleaned up the exhaust pipes and the tow rings.
Now it is onto cleaning up and building the link and length track pieces to assemble.
Thanks for looking.